from January onwards we are looking at the DLR (German Aerospace Center, Munich, Germany) for a PostDoc for our large, cross-disciplinary project dealing with the large Mekong Basin in Southeast Asia. Focus will be the analyses of land surface dynamics in the trans-boundary Mekong Basin; an area 2.5 times the size of Germany, and covering all climate zones from high alpine to sub-tropical / tropical.
Method-wise, time series analyses based on MODIS, Sentinel-3, Landsat, and Sentinel-1/2 will be undertaken.
Several of our colleagues have worked in the region for the past 6-7 years, data and algorithms do partially exist, and a PhD student will also work with the post doctoral researcher.
### application closed ####
Skill set we are looking for:
Remote Sensing background and finished PhD degree with a remote sensing focus
- Solid experience with time series processing, especially with MODIS or other daily sensors
- Good programming skills in at least one of the following languages: IDL, or Python, or R
- Experience with publication (in English) in SCI Journals or higher ranking conference papers
- Intercultural competence and willingness to travel to the Mekong region twice a year (about 2 weeks each)
- Team player
- English as a working language is okay, German language skills not mandatory but a slight advantage
- First experience with training (basics in GIS or remote sensing) not mandatory, but would be welcome
More information on work foci will be given in a personal talk. Interested candidates can email C. Kuenzer – preferably before December 1st.
you will be based at DLR-EOC, Munich, the salary will be according to standard PostDocs salaries.